GENERAL COUNSEL SERVICES GROUP
Nordman Cormany Hair & Compton LLP
1000 Town Center Drive
Oxnard, California 93036
[T] (805) 485-1000
[F] (805) 988-8387
Many business clients have a passive relationship with their attorneys, with no continuing line of communication. Typically, the client brings a matter to the attorney's attention after it has developed into a legal problem. A more active relationship would have led to earlier consultation and steps to avoid the controversy. Two hurdles stand in the way of continuous and productive lines of communication between attorneys and clients:
- How can the attorney become familiar enough with the client to spot potential legal problems?
- How does the attorney match this information with the many legal areas where the client might be affected, particularly in the more specialized areas of the law?
Legal Well-Business Review
To address this challenge, Nordman Cormany Hair & Compton LLP has formed the General Counsel Services Group. This group offers a Legal Well-Business Review, which involves:
- Identifying the general areas where a business client may encounter legal problems
- Reviewing our well-business checklist with the client to diagnose potential areas of legal liability
- Explaining legal risks that have been identified and the steps that should be taken to prevent future legal problems
- Recommending procedures or programs to identify and prevent legal risks on a continuing basis
- Identifying urgent legal problems that require immediate attention
The General Counsel Services group then calls upon the expertise and sophistication of the senior attorneys in the firm's practice groups to provide full service legal support to our clients.
Back to Top
Legal Well-Business Training Programs
The General Counsel Services Group offers training programs on diverse topics that can be tailored to meet each client's special needs. These programs can include policies or forms written specifically for the client.
- Contracts Administration: Understanding and monitoring a contracts system
- Risk Management: For senior management, governing all aspects of legal risk management for the company
- Trademark and Copyright Protection: Safeguarding intellectual property in merchandising, design, licensing, advertising and marketing
- U.S. Customs Manual: Preparing a written manual to U.S. Customs, for protection of company trademarks and copyrights
- Contractor Monitoring: Overseeing vendors and suppliers for compliance with regulations governing sweatshop labor and other matters
- Trade Secrets Protection Program
Back to Top